Opening: Now Hiring
How to Apply: View Here
Mystical Yoga Farm is seeking a Kitchen and facility Supervisor for their yoga retreat center and permaculture farm on Lake Atitlan in the highlands of Guatemala. The kitchen supervisor will be responsible for assisting the director of the in leading the small spiritual community in accordance with the intentions of the farm.
The perfect candidate will have experience managing or operating a vegetarian kitchen for large groups of people. Experience in a yoga center, farm, or similar facility is valuable. The kitchen supervisor must be willing and capable to step into any required role necessary to the functioning of the farm. Experience teaching yoga,meditation, and experience with guest services are also necessary.
Candidates for this position should be self motivated, organized, with good communication skills, and a strong interest in the healing arts. Moderate Spanish skills and basic computer skills are necessary.
The kitchen supervisor will have a positive attitude, a calm approach to challenging situations and leadership skills to guide the community in accordance with the intentions of the farm.
- Coordinate to provide all meals to meet the varying needs of the community including residents and apprentices, and guest for workshops, retreats and trainings. Groups up to 30 people.
- Responsible for meal planning
- Responsible for buying and preparing the food
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the kitchen and dining area
- Maintains menu/recipe database (Provides written menu and recipes for meals)
- Work with guests to provide for special dietary needs
- Able to accommodate meal preparation to various size groups
- Experience in vegan, vegetarian cooking
- Farm harvesting
- Couples welcome to apply
- Work commitment of 3-6 months
- Must commit to living a yogic lifestyle while living at the farm
- Strong interest in community living with a community of 4 to 10 people
- Must agree to promote the vision and mission of the farm
- Previous experience in supervisory roles
- Strong involvement in your local or international yoga community
- Work day: 6-8 hours, One day off a week, One Rest day a week.
- Yoga and Spiritual Leadership
- Organic, or bio-dynamic farming and permaculture
- Spanish language skills
- Carpentry/handyman skills
- First Aid
- Free accommodations & food
- $150 monthly stipend
- 10% discount on any SYI Yoga Teacher training for each month you are at the farm. (up to 50% off)