The Mystical Yoga Farm thrives as a place of learning, growth and transformation. We invite you to dive deep into your spiritual practice whilst living and learning in a supportive and inspiring community on powerful Mayan lands.
This one week retreat offers a wonderful balance, with the opportunity to learn the essence of karma yoga (through our tribal work trade program), study the medicine wheel, and ultimately become an alchemist, transforming anything that no longer serves.
Through immersion in this program, you have the opportunity to learn about yourself and others while studying and co-creating within the different tribes at the farm.
The farm offers a unique opportunity to live intentionally with groups of healers and yogis. We invite you to learn from the land as you dive deep into developing your personal practice. You will experience the daily events of our retreat center, living a yogic lifestyle in a thriving transformational community.
- March 19 – 25, 2017 (One Week a month)
- April 16 – 22
- May 14 – 20
Please email the farm team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about the upcoming opportunity.
Typical daily schedule
|5:30 – 6:00||Wake up to EPIC BEAUTY|
|6:00 – 7:00||Guided Meditation|
|7:00 – 8:30||Morning asana practice|
|8:30 – 9:30||Breakfast|
|9:30 – 10:00||Morning pages|
|10:00 – 4:00||Karma yoga tribal work hours and lunch|
|4:30 – 6:00||Optional afternoon spiritual classes, Spanish lessons and Special topics|
|6:00 – 7:00||Dinner|
|7:00 – 8:00||Evening Gatherings|
What to Expect from Us
You will be provided with all the delicious food you can eat and a unique living space with a comfortable bed. You will have an opportunity to join selected special topic classes during retreats, trainings and workshops we host. We typically offer Spanish classes throughout the week. We have a sailboat that we have a lot of fun on, kayaks available for adventures during your breaks, a traditional sauna for relaxation, a well-stocked library, easy access to hiking trails and advice on excursions.
With a tribal leader for each tribe, as well as an abundance of spiritual guides and facilitators flowing in and out of the farm, you will have the opportunity to learn within a specific area and flourish through that learning. We will provide clear direction and the support and resources for you to work harmoniously within the selected tribe. Here at the Mystical Yoga Farm, we believe we are all pulled together in a beautiful way to teach each other what we are ready to learn. There will be many learning and sharing opportunities that will vary, depending on who else is called to be at the farm at the same time as you.
What We Expect from You
The core of the farm operates from a high vibration and we ask that you serve the farm with love and an open heart.
We ask for dynamic people that are independent enough to progress with tasks with limited guidance from your tribal leader.
At the same time we need team players that are willing to contribute or help with tasks not related to your project.
We are a peaceful community with a no drug and alcohol policy.
If you want to come and work hard, while studying with us and learning from those who have had many experiences in the area you are interested, please apply for the program.
- Complete the form below. If accepted into the program you will receive an acceptance email with more information.
- Once you have agreed to the exchange and made payment , you will receive more details about the farm, how to get here and a welcome letter from your tribal leader.
- On arrival you will receive a farm tour and orientation to get you started in the program.
Please note: we want to ensure applicants are a good fit for our farm and the community and this process may include requests for further information, a Skype interview or a telephone conversation. We do feel this is a life-changing experience for you and encourage you to provide as much information as possible to ensure this is a good fit.
The price to join the Spiritual Alchemist is $500 all inclusive.
Land Development Tribe
The Land Development Tribe works directly with our local staff in planning and developing the land to best meet the farm’s needs for both present and future development. Those involved will often be working outdoors and can expect to have duties that involve physical labor. Land Development Tribe members should have a good eye for projects that are sustainable and can improve the architectural flow and safety and sustainability of the land. This tribe will often correlate with The Gardening Tribe to address needs that overlap. May include:
- Working with local staff and hired workers on small building projects.
- Working with local skilled workers to build a shala with sturdy waterproof thatch roof using as much local, natural materials as possible, draft blueprints of design options and help source the right builder, etc.
- Development of upper land – developing systems for allowing water to be available on high altitude land, terracing land for future building projects, using sustainable permaculture ideas to further enhance and develop the beautiful land
- Designing plans for solar tower stand, possible agriculture areas, new kitchen, housing and living area design.
- Help in hosting sustainable building workshops to share with local communities. Increase farm revenue with workshops to fund future projects.
- Working side by side with workers to build stone walls, small platforms, etc.
- Building a wood floor under the New Yoga Studio at Jaguar Hall
Permaculture Gardening Tribe
The Permaculture Farming Tribe works closely with our local staff and with the sustainable food tribe to grow as much food as possible and bring new permaculture practices to our community. You will be asked to share your love and knowledge of permaculture with those who visit the farm. This tribe will work closely with the other tribes to turn the farm into a permaculture playground and to help us be as sustainable as possible. May include:
- Work with unique landscape opportunities to increase food growth (more vertical and floating gardens etc)
- Enhance composting procedures at the farm
- Establish experiments in the gardens to test biodynamics, new seed types, etc.
- Optimize grey water systems
- Offer workshops to increase farm revenue to sustainably finance upcoming projects
Sustainable Food Tribe
The Sustainable Food Tribe will be working with food in the kitchen as well as in the gardens. Asked to put your love, creativity and passion into assisting in growing healthy organic food to bring to the table for new recipes. Those involved in this tribe will be looking at local solutions to trade/purchase what we need in the most efficient and self-sustaining way possible. They will work with local farmers to learn how to grow what we need and then helping to create a larger market for organic food on the lake. More specifically, looking to find the quantity and quality of organic food we need at prices that can be sustainable. May include:
- Work with our local chef to create and execute a daily/weekly menu of delicious meals for 10 – 30 people
- Work with local chef to keep food fresh, lively and inventive
- Share knowledge on raw food, sprouting, fermenting, juicing, etc.
- Weave local style in with yogic diet as well as westerner food accommodations (more gourmet vegetarian organic food!)
- Work to enhance Farm Cookbook
- Work to enhance kitchen work flow, uphold standards, etc and work to expand the ability to meet dietary needs for all guests
Divine Art Tribe
This Tribe involves hands on work in creative art projects that help to improve the aesthetics and creative energy flowing through the farm. Divine Art Tribe members have an eye for design, color and beautification. Divine Art Tribe should be sensitive to the uses of each space and how that energy needed in each area can be amplified through art or other creative projects. We are looking for creatively open and self driven spiritual individuals, some Spanish would be nice, with knowledge of how to work with paint, glass, tile on a number of different surfaces as well as how to make sure the work is protected. May include:
- Forming workshops on creative projects that specific tribe members may already have a lot of knowledge about (making candles, paper making, etc)
- Enhancing farm aesthetics (staining wood, varnish shelves, etc.)
- Murals available for specifically selected artists
- Reuse projects for new lamps, vision boards, stained glass, tiling etc.
Ayani Harmony Tribe
This Tribe holds space for the whole community in harmonious ways. Includes serving retreat guests and students who are visiting the farm. Those involved in this tribe should be able to orient themselves and others around the farm with ease. It helps if those involved in this Tribe are familiar with Farm traditions, songs and customs. Members of the Ayani Harmony Tribe are sensitive to the energy of others and are good at recognizing how they can enhance the experience of visitors at the Mystical Yoga Farm. The tribe assists the farm director, researches new ideas involving farm harmony and promotions and helps co-create with talented people on the lake as an ambassador for the farm. May include:
- Help with marketing and events, website.
- Help local staff with quick guests turnovers, aesthetics, housekeeping.
- Coordinate activities and workshops while creating new relationships with people offering different activities on the lake.
- Work to develop our reputation and platform as a co-op volunteer program working with other places on the lake and Chacaya.
- Ensure excellent experience for all at the farm with attention to detail.
- Assist with masterplan and farm documents to stay current.