Work Trade Opportunites
Stay with us and bring your unique gifts to share in co-creating magic. No matter what your skills or experience may be, if you have an interest in learning, sharing, and living in a relaxed yet intentional space, you will find good times here.
Work trade positions we are currently seeking to fill include:
- General Manager
- Minimum Stay: 6 Months
- Compensation: Accommodations & Food + Stipend
- The GM position is an important part of the farm, and we're seeking an experienced and gifted individual to support day-to-day operations. Must speak Spanish.
- Permaculture Guru
- Minimum Stay: 1 Month
- Compensation: Accommodations & Food
- Yoga Teacher
- Spanish Teacher
- Social Media & Marketing
If any of these roles call to you, and you feel you are equipped with the needed gifts to fulfill them, please reach out to us via our contact form! We'd love to hear from you.
Karmic Yogi Volunteer Program
Our Karmic Yogi Volunteers are the lifeblood of the farm. They help keep things running smoothly, and help the community grow and thrive in ease and flow. They are critical to helping out with projects around the farm, holding space for and assisting our beloved guests, and contributing to the overall energy of the community.
We are off grid and solar powered, and we grow lots of our own food. To keep the farm and the program flowing, our volunteers also contribute a financial donation to be a part of the community. We provide daily yoga and meditation, three epic vegan meals a day (homegrown and organic wherever possible), unlimited herbal teas, an abundance of workshops and ceremonies including temezcal, cacao medicine, sound healings, and of course accommodations.
The first month of volunteering is a contribution of $500 (USD), the second month is $250, and the third month, as a gesture of appreciation for your time and energy, is free.
Things to Consider
We work very hard to maintain a healthy and sustainable environment for our community and guests and expect the same from you throughout your time here.
The core of the farm operates from a high vibration and we ask that you serve the farm with love and an open heart.
We ask for dynamic people that are independent enough to progress with tasks with limited guidance from your tribal leader.
At the same time we need team players that are willing to contribute or help with tasks not related to your project.
We are a peaceful community with a no drug and alcohol policy.
Before applying please consider the following before applying and if they fit you, we ask you to find a better suitable experience than we can offer you:
- If you have affairs that require you to be routinely distracted from your learning experience.
- If you have an addiction to the internet/phone.
- If you are ill prepared to live in a natural environment with bugs and spiders.
- If you lack the skills required to self-motivate yourself.
We have many people who apply to be a volunteer in our program, and only a limited amount of space available. For this reason, it is important for us to ensure that all people we accept for our volunteer program is the right fit for our community and will be a good contribution to our team. In order to ensure the farm functions at it's optimal level, we would like to get to know you a bit more. Please take your time and answer our short questionnaire by copying and pasting the below questions (and your answers) into the contact form below. Please answer in as much detail as you can. Thanks, and Namaste!
(Please include these questions and your answers in your message below! Thanks!)
1. How did you hear about the Mystical Yoga Farm? What draws you to want to work here?
2. Do you have a spiritual practice? please describe.
3. Have you ever lived/worked in an intentional community?
4. Do you have experience traveling in foreign countries? Do you speak Spanish?
5. What can you offer to the community?
6. Do you have any certifications? (ie. yoga teacher, permaculture design, reiki, etc.)
7. What are you most passionate about? What inspires you, makes your heart sing?
8. Do you like Tea?
9. What practical skills do you have? (ie. carpenter, gardener, artist, etc.)
10. Are you comfortable living off-grid with no wi-fi?
11. What kind of lifestyle do you live? Are you comfortable with a vegan diet?
12. Please describe yourself in one paragraph.
Spiritual Sanctuary & Retreat Center
Escape the distractions of daily life and surround yourself with the natural beauty of our mystical sanctuary on the shores of Guatemala's magical Lake Atitlán. Conscientiously built to exist in sustainable harmony with this sacred land, the Mystical Yoga Farm is the perfect place to heal your spirit and reconnect with your true self.
© 2018 Mystical Yoga Farm