Thank you for your interest and desire to come join this mystical land and share your unique magick here!
Below you will find more information about volunteering with us and at the bottom of the page is a questionnaire that we ask you to fill out so that we can get to know you a little before you stay with us.
There is always space for karma yogi volunteers and limited space for WorkTrade oppertunities, they both have different arrangements so please be specific in what you are looking to fill!
Specific Work Trade Positions include:
Permaculture/Herbalist Gurus & Gardeners
Handymen/Handywomen, builders, carpenters, natural builders
Photographers and Videographers
If any of these roles call to you, and you feel you are equipped with the needed gifts to fulfill them, please complete the questionnaire below in an email to [email protected] and be specific on the role you wish to fill! We'd love to hear from you.
There is a one month minimum commitment for Karma Yogis and a 3 month commitment for WorkTrade.
We can make few exceptions for shorter stays, if needed 🙂
Karma Yogi Volunteer Program
Our Karma Yogi Volunteer program is one of the most special things about the Mystical Yoga Farm. We are so grateful to be able to provide an oppurtunity for seekers to experience life in the forest, off-the-grid, living in a community setting.
Our Karma Yogis help with almost everything around the farm, from preparing the farm for retreats and events, holding workshops, teaching classes, setting up sacred spaces for retreats and private guests, planting and harvesting, greeting guests, farm tours, occasionally cooking, holding space for one another and contributing to the overall energy of the retreat center and community by sharing their unique gifts and light with all who come to the farm.
We provide daily yoga and meditation, three epic vegan meals a day (homegrown and organic wherever possible), unlimited herbal teas, an abundance of workshops and ceremonies including temezcal, cacao ceremonies, sound healings, song circles, and accommodations.
To make our Karma Yogi Volunteer program possible, we do require a financial contribution towards food costs. Our volunteer program has a one month minimum commitment with a possibility of staying longer if everything aligns. The exchange is $500/month with 20-25 hours of karmic exchange per week. The reason we ask our volunteers to contribute financially is so volunteers can work fewer hours and have more time to themselves for personal growth, time to participate in the ongoing workshops (usually 5-10 per week not including daily yoga) and for experiencing the joys of the farm and the lake. We offer a very unique experience with all the ongoing workshops, song circles, ceremonies, cacao, unlimited tea, and the best food in all Lake, and a private oasis for healing and transformation!
This is not an ordinary volunteer position. You will certainly be changed by life at the Mystical Yoga Farm, and you will have the opportunity to practice with many teachers, healers and friends from the world over.
Important to Know
We wholeheartedly create and maintain a healthy and sustainable environment for our community and guests and we expect the same from you throughout your time here.
The farm operates from a high vibration and we ask that you serve the farm with love and an open heart.
This is a place for people to deepen their personal practices and come together as a group, for healing, growth and celebration.
For our volunteer team, we need team members who are independent enough to progress with tasks solo, with instructions from the farm management. We also need team members who can create magic and collaborate with a group and who are willing to contribute or help with farm needs as they arise, even if they are not related to your specific project.
We are a peaceful community and we do not consume alcohol at the Mystical Yoga Farm.
We offer unique immersive life changing volunteer opportunities. We function as a community, a family, and a team united through a common goal of service and helping others.
We have limited WIFI at the farm and encourage all to disconnect (digitally) to reconnect (spiritually). If you need to have access to the Internet, you may purchase a local SIM card with TIGO which can receive LTE signal by the lake's edge.
We follow a vegan diet at the farm. We do not consume animal products, with the exception of local honey available for sale.
We live among nature and we are peaceful with all of the critters and creatures of the natural world.
We have many people who apply to volunteer with us and a limited amount of space available. It is important for us to get to know you to ensure that all who we accept into our volunteer program are in alignment with our values.
Please answer our short questionnaire by copying and pasting the questions below (and your answers) into an email to [email protected]
Please put the month(s) you wish to volunteer in the subject of the email.
1. When would you like to come and how long would you like to stay?
2. What can you offer to the community? For example, what hands-on skills do you have? (ie. carpenter, gardener, artist, scientist, social media, cooking, etc.)
Do you have any certifications? (ie. yoga teacher, permaculture design, reiki, etc.)
3. How did you hear about the Mystical Yoga Farm? What draws you to want to live and work here?
4. Have you ever lived/worked in an intentional community? What inspired you about it, and what was challenging for you?
5. Do you have a spiritual practice? Please describe.
6. What are you passionate about? What inspires you, makes your heart sing?
7. How would you describe your work ethic? How do you work with others? Are you more of an independent or group-oriented worker?
8. How do you practice conscious communication?
9. Do you like tea and if so, what kinds?
10. Do you have experience traveling in foreign countries? Do you speak Spanish?
11. How do you care for and protect the Earth?
12. What are some of your goals for the future?
13. Please describe yourself in one paragraph.
14. Are you comfortable living off-grid with no WI-FI and are you comfortable with a vegan diet? *Please note that we do encourage getting a local SIM card for internet access on-site*
15. Please link us to your Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, website or blog so we can get a feel for who you are.
16. Do you have experience/interest in Plant Medicine? Please describe.
17. Is there anything else you'd like to add or express?
Spiritual Sanctuary & Retreat Center
We are blessed to be nestled in the forest on the shores of Sacred Lake Atitlán, Guatemaya, between three magnificent volcanoes. Our Peaceful Haven provides a safe container for Healing, Growth and Empowerment. We are delighted to offer unique guest experiences, workshops, retreats, yoga teacher trainings & volunteer opportunities
© 2022 Mystical Yoga Farm